I like to do this post every year too. I don’t like making “resolutions” for the new year as those always seem to be like if I don’t follow thru its not as important as it does if I set a Goal. Goals have a plan behind them to back them up (typically lol) though they can still fall short.
So here are some of my goals, divided up into categories, for 2013:
- Get back on my diet! I was on a great diet in the first part of 2012 but I was suppose to go to the Clinic on this plan 3 times a week which after CHA, my grandfather passing then my car breaking down in the space of a month, I totally fell off the wagon. I am getting back on it (an at home version) and sticking to it! Its going to take me a long time to get where I want to be but I know I can do it as I did so well before. Hubs has already agreed to join me on it, which will be helpful!
- Take Lunches. Pretty self explanatory but I forget often then wonder why I’m cranky and have a headache during the day.
- Decide on a “Done for the Day” time. I’m horrible at this and it makes me tired. I plan on looking at the activities on a typical day then set a time. There’s always tomorrow even if it doesn’t seem like it at the time.
- Bi-Weekly Date Nights and Weekly Game Nights. If its on the schedule it gets done so on the schedule it goes!
- Do some reading. I have a few Biz books that are on my “to read” list in 2013, 2 of which I ordered on B&N with a gift card I got for Chrimbo.
- Attend CHA Summer. We didn’t get to go to winter due to some complications but I plan on getting back on the horse and going regularly again with Summer.
- Keep Some Odd Girl fresh with some new ideas and products. I already have some different types of stamps in the works for the first part of 2013 but I’d like to work on some printables and maybe some cut files.
- Set Goals/Plans in terms of Sales, Marketing, Content and Products. Put them down on paper and on the calendar then revisit often and measure the results. A couple of the books I’m going to be reading here right quick will help me with this and make them actionable.
- Do some “me time” pics. This kind of goes along with my Done for the Day Goal. I’d like to work on some more just for me art and by having a cut off time I should have some space to do that. Its satisfying and makes me feel total zen to draw with no point except fun.
- Explore more. In terms of color and expression. This is a repeat from last year but I want to take it further this year.
- Set aside some crafty time just for myself. I set aside Sundays for crafting but I always do my work assignments. I need to schedule work, no matter what it is, during work time and leave myself some personal creative time too.
This is my so far list for 2013? What goals/resolutions have you set for yourself this year?